Several points require emphasis:
- Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for presentation (verbal or poster) must submit their abstract electronically via the Conference website having regard to the published closing date. Abstracts submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- The title should be brief and explicit.
- Research papers should follow the format - Purpose, Methodology, Results, Conclusion.
- Excluding title, authors (full given first name and family name) and institution, the abstract must not exceed 2,000 characters and spaces (approximately 300 words). In MS Word, this count can be determined from the ‘Tools menu’. Any references must be included in this allowance. If you exceed this limit, the excess text will NOT appear on the conference platform.
- Abbreviations should be used only in common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word.
- Presentations (slide and video) will only have electronic PowerPoint support. Audio visual instructionswill be available in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
- A 50 word CV is required from each presenter to facilitate the Chair’s introduction. The excess text will not be captured by the system.
- The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all papers and posters is at the discretion of the Organising Committee. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
- Tables, diagrams, graphs, etc. CANNOT be accepted in the abstract submission. This is due to the limitations of the computer software program.
- Please do not type in your abstract onto the submission page. Being internet based, each page on the submission site can only be open for 15 minutes before closing. Type your submission on a text document (eg. MS Word) and copy and paste it into the abstract text field.
- Authors must be registered for the Conference in order to present their abstract (verbal or e-Poster) at the conference.
- Authors are required to declare conflict of interest if applicable. Failure or refusal to disclose or the inability to resolve the identified conflict will result in the abstract acceptance being withdrawn.
Important Submission Information
Please note that paper or facsimile copies will not be accepted, nor will abstracts be submitted by RACS staff on behalf of authors.
If there are any difficulties regarding this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The submitting author of an abstract will ALWAYS
receive email confirmation of receipt of the abstract into the submission site. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours it may mean the abstract has not been received. In this circumstance, please email: email@example.com
to determine why a confirmation email has not been received.
Best Trainee Research Paper Prize
The Best Trainee Research Prize is awarded to a Trainee of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery for the best presentation delivered at the Conference. The recipient will be awarded $5,000.00 towards the cost of attending a local or international Vascular Surgery Scientific Meeting. The winner will be announced at the Conference Dinner and subsequently a letter will be sent to the recipient.
Best Poster Presentation Prize
The Best Poster Presentation Prize is awarded for the best poster presentation delivered at the Conference. The recipient will be awarded a cash prize to support their attendance at the conference. To be eligible for the prize, poster presenters must be available at the Welcome Reception on Friday 20 October 2023 to answer questions from the judging panel.
Trainee Education Sponsor
Proudly supported by Gore & Asssociates
An opportunity is available for ANZSVS Trainees to receive support towards their attendance at the upcoming ANZSVS Conference 2023. Trainees who meet the following criteria will be eligible to receive a partial refund of their registration:
- Submit an abstract that is accepted for verbal or poster presentation at the ANZSVS Conference 2023
- Register and attend the Conference.